Molluscum contagiosum is a commonly found skin infection, especially among children, which looks like small, pearl shaped, pinkish white eruptions on skin. It is a viral infection. It is also found in adults who are immunodeficient due to some reason. The infection is most common between the age of one to ten years. Molluscum Contagiosum is one of the commonest and most cumbersome skin diseases seen today.
Molluscum is commoner in children, because children are more likely to get infected in school, while playing or swimming. Molluscum contagiosum is a harmless skin disease caused by a virus. It is characterized by small pearly papules with a central depression whose core may be expressed, producing a white cheesy material.
Molluscum Contagiosum can complicate into:
- Infection: of the lesions of molluscum contagiosum resulting in painful cysts or abscesses.
- Eczema: In people who have a history of atopic eczema and if immunity is low.
- Scarring: Scars may be left behind in place of the eruptions.
- Eye Infection: If the lesions of molluscum contagiosum are present in the area surrounding the eyes.
Homeopathy has a 90% success rate in the Treatment of Molluscum Contagiosum. It offers a more holistic approach to the treatment for molluscum contagiosum and instead of focusing on the end products of the disease, i.e. the eruptions, concentrates on boosting the immune system of the human being, so that the condition does not occur again.
Homeopathic treatment is targeted towards UPROOTING THE DISEASE and ensuring health with no side effects. For prescribing to an individual, a PLAN OF TREATMENT is followed which involves:
- GETTING THOROUGH UNDERSTANDING OF CASE which includes complete case taking (analyzing patient as an individual) along with patient history and family history
- DIAGNOSIS OF PATIENT AND DISEASE
- INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENT OF THE CASE
- PRESCRIBING THE MOST SUITABLE INDIVIDUAL CONSTITUTIONAL REMEDY