Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a distinct illness in which one experiences extreme fatigue (for 6 months or more) which does not have any underlying medical cause and worsen with physical or mental activity. Nor does it improves with rest and is overwhelming and interferes with one’s routine day-to-day activities.
It can lead to major Depression and other Psychiatric conditions, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Social isolation, Increased work abscences and many other complications. Though the exact cause of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is unidentified some theories suggest CFS may be due to some viral infection or due to altered immune system.
Generally the symptoms of CFS are similar to those of the flu and other common viral infections, which include:
- Extreme fatigue– A new onset of unexplained, continual fatigue which is unrelated to exertion and not significantly relieved by rest, which also causes a considerable reduction in previous activity levels
- Muscle Pain
- Pain in multiple joints
- Impaired short-term memory or concentration
- Extreme and prolonged exhaustion after physical or mental exertions
- Not refreshing sleep
Chronic fatigue syndrome can be effectively treated with homeopathy. Homeopathic treatment is targeted towards UPROOTING THE DISEASE and ensuring health with no side effects. For prescribing to an individual, a PLAN OF TREATMENT is followed which involves:
- GETTING THOROUGH UNDERSTANDING OF CASE which includes complete case taking (analyzing patient as an individual) along with patient history and family history
- DIAGNOSIS OF PATIENT AND DISEASE
- INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENT OF THE CASE
- PRESCRIBING THE MOST SUITABLE INDIVIDUAL CONSTITUTIONAL REMEDY